Why you should choose Mattiacio Orthodontics
Recommendations from patients
About half of the patients referred to our office are from patients and parents who are either in treatment or have completed their treatment with us. One of the highest compliments we can receive is when our patients refer their friends and relatives to us! Read what our patients are saying >>
Dental Professionals’ recommendations
The dentists in our community that we have known for many years frequently refer their patients to our office. We have treated many members of their families. They have seen the consistently great smiles of their patients after treatment and have received positive feedback about our superior service. It is very important to us that our referring doctors always feel comfortable about referring to us and that they know that their patients will always be treated exceptionally well!
A Specialist in Orthodontics
Dr. Mattiacio is a university trained specialist. After graduating with honors from the University of Buffalo with his Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree, Dr. Mattiacio received his masters in orthodontics degree from the University of Buffalo. Dr. Mattiacio is a Board Certified Orthodontist and belongs to many professional organizations including the American Association of Orthodontists, New York State Dental Society, the Seventh District Dental Society, Northeast Society of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, and the Upstate New York Damon Study Club.
One Orthodontist; Personalized Care
As a patient, you will receive Dr. Mattiacio’s personal attention at every appointment. Seeing one doctor exclusively allows for an ongoing personalized continuity of care. Parents are always welcome in the clinic area to observe their child’s treatment and ask any questions.
Advanced technology is our standard
We have "State-of-the-Art" technology to make your treatment as smooth and comfortable as possible, while obtaining the best results possible.
- We use the Damon System of braces. This revolutionary system utilizes a unique passive self-ligating bracket, and very light forces to achieve results beyond previously conceived expectations. This system provides more comfort and shorter treatment times for our patients.
- We offer clear braces.
- We NEVER recycle our brackets!
- A special sealant is applied to each tooth before bonding the brackets. According to a 2005 study published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, this sealant can significantly decrease the chance of tooth enamel damage and decay while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- We utilize computer digital imaging which provide a cutting edge approach to diagnosis and treatment planning.
- We offer Invisalign, which can correct minor problems without braces.
- If needed, we offer combined treatment of orthodontics and surgery for severe jaw alignment abnormalities.
- Every member of our staff regularly attends continuing education programs to stay up-to-date on the newest technologies available.
- We utilize a computerized system which sends appointment reminders via your email or via a text message to your phone.
- Through our website, you can make payments, check your balance, and look up your next appointment.
We have a friendly staff that is highly-trained and qualified. Our staff has been carefully selected to provide you with the best quality of service possible. Most of our staff has been with Mattiacio Orthodontics for many years. Our clinical staff are Certified Orthodontic Assistants (C.O.A.) who have had additional training and qualifications to provide excellent orthodontic care.
TheMattiacio Rewards Program keeps our patients motivated and involved in their treatment, while having fun and earning points toward gift cards! Patients can earn points at appointments by being on time, having good oral hygiene, telling us about personal achievements, and more! Patients can then check their points balance, turn in the points for gift cards, play fun games, and participate in contests on our Mattiacio Rewards website.
Patients and families have fun at our office
Come see our fun office environment. We take pride in knowing that kids and adults have a great time when they visit us. In addition to the coffee and snack bar in our comfortable reception area, we offer a gaming area that has a Wii, a Playstation 3, and an X-Box 360 with X-Box Kinect which will keep kids happy while their siblings are being seen.
Convenient Appointment times
We offer convenient appointment times and on-time scheduling. Our office offers appointment times between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. that should be convenient for most families. Although there may be times when appointments must be during school hours, we make every effort to accommodate your busy schedule. The office evaluations sent in by our patients continually comment on our promptness in seeing you at your appointed time. We know your time is valuable!
Convenient and Affordable Financial Options
We offer a variety of payment options, including:
- Full payment at the start of treatment, less a 5% bookkeeping credit.
- Down payment and equal monthly payments with no interest charge.
- Automatic Payments, using a credit card, debit card, or bank account.
- Online payments.
- Care Credit Financing. In some cases this can allow lower monthly payments.
Complimentary Evaluation: Prevention is the key
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that children should receive their first orthodontic evaluation by age 7. Dr. Mattiacio believes in preventative or interceptive orthodontic treatment. By 7 years of age, Dr. Mattiacio can tell you if your child is expressing any unusual growth patterns. Recognizing these problems at this age can make treatment easier and simpler, in most cases preventing the need for extractions or surgery and alleviating harmful habits in the future. Most times, no early interceptive treatment is required and Dr. Mattiacio provides a complimentary service of monitoring the child’s growth and development. This provides his families with PEACE OF MIND knowing that he is carefully watching their child’s growth and development.
Clear communication and a conservative approach
We often provide second opinions for patients who are unclear about their treatment options. We welcome the opportunity to communicate in a manner that makes sense. Examinations and consultations are complimentary. We pride ourselves on creating the most beautiful smiles by using a conservative approach to treatment planning. Surgery and extractions are avoided whenever possible.
Dr. Mattiacio lives and works in Farmington, NY and believes that giving back to his community is important. Dr. Mattiacio conducts Continuing Educational programs for area dentists and hygienists, teaches local second grade students about the importance of good oral health, and supports local sports teams, clubs, and charities.